Three men arrested over shed thefts
- Credit: Archant
Police called out to discover spate of thefts from outbuildings in Bishops Tawton last week.
POLICE have arrested three men after a spate of burglaries from sheds in Bishops Tawton.
Officers were called to The Alms House after a call from a resident in Bishops Tawton who reported seeing a man in the communal gardens.
On arrival they found an alarm sounding in the Codden Hill area and checking the area found three sheds had been entered.
PCSO Hannah Denton said bolt croppers had possibly been used to break the padlocks and items taken from the sheds.
You may also want to watch:
At 4.40am police located and arrested a man, and an hour later another two men were arrested in connection with the thefts and later bailed.
PCSO Denton said: “We would like to send our thanks to the member of the public that called the police reporting the suspicious activity.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
“This positive action enabled police officers to take robust action allowing prompt arrest of the suspects involved.
“If you have been a victim in the area and have not reported it please do so by calling 101.
“There are security measures that can be put in place such as shed alarms.
“If you would like a visit from your local police community support officer please contact us.”
If you have any information contact the police on non-emergency number 101 quoting crime number CR/082342/14 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.