Three days of potwalloping fun at Westward Ho!
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend. Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night. As evening falls it is music w
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend.
Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night.
As evening falls it is music which takes centre stage with no fewer than 15 live bands and groups taking turns to entertain.
The show opens on Saturday, May 29, with a wide variety of entertainments, from Search and Rescue dogs to majorettes, Salsa, youth theatre, dance, classic bikes, petanque, sandcastles and painting with light.
You may also want to watch:
That evening features to music of Blue Sky Pandemic, Midnight Toys, Tequila Rockin Bird, Falling Apart and Zamba.
Next day brings an opportunity to take part in human table-top football and tug-o-war, admire belly dancing, kick boxing and Samba music displays, take part in art workshops, visit open gardens and a family variety show.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
Live entertainment continues into the evening with Ian Hudson and Friends, Idle Worriers, Dog, Maybe Naked and Dambuskers.
Bank holiday Monday brings dog agility, youth club carnival hats and masks, awards ceremony and auction, a North Devon Mini register display and Potwalloping bingo.
Then, more music, with Sherry's Singing Club, Jax, the Drop, Basil's Blues Band and Wilderland.
The Country Life Brewery will be at the Festival with local favourite ales.
Westward Ho! Youth Club will have its own range of activities, including the screening of members' own film, a hat and mask workshops, graffiti art, face painting, music composition, arts and crafts, games and its new club caf�.
The Baptist Church will offer craft activities, Ready Steady Cook, cream teas and refreshments and Songs of Praise.
More details e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.potwalloping.co.uk