Three days of potwalloping fun at Westward Ho!
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend. Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night. As evening falls it is music w
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend.
Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night.
As evening falls it is music which takes centre stage with no fewer than 15 live bands and groups taking turns to entertain.
The show opens on Saturday, May 29, with a wide variety of entertainments, from Search and Rescue dogs to majorettes, Salsa, youth theatre, dance, classic bikes, petanque, sandcastles and painting with light.
That evening features to music of Blue Sky Pandemic, Midnight Toys, Tequila Rockin Bird, Falling Apart and Zamba.
Next day brings an opportunity to take part in human table-top football and tug-o-war, admire belly dancing, kick boxing and Samba music displays, take part in art workshops, visit open gardens and a family variety show.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
Live entertainment continues into the evening with Ian Hudson and Friends, Idle Worriers, Dog, Maybe Naked and Dambuskers.
Bank holiday Monday brings dog agility, youth club carnival hats and masks, awards ceremony and auction, a North Devon Mini register display and Potwalloping bingo.
Then, more music, with Sherry's Singing Club, Jax, the Drop, Basil's Blues Band and Wilderland.
The Country Life Brewery will be at the Festival with local favourite ales.
Westward Ho! Youth Club will have its own range of activities, including the screening of members' own film, a hat and mask workshops, graffiti art, face painting, music composition, arts and crafts, games and its new club caf�.
The Baptist Church will offer craft activities, Ready Steady Cook, cream teas and refreshments and Songs of Praise.
More details e-mail email@example.com or visit www.potwalloping.co.uk