Three days of potwalloping fun at Westward Ho!
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend. Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night. As evening falls it is music w
THE Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival brings three days of fun to the seaside resort this Bank Holiday weekend.
Many new events are included in a packed programme, with events running from morning until well into the night.
As evening falls it is music which takes centre stage with no fewer than 15 live bands and groups taking turns to entertain.
The show opens on Saturday, May 29, with a wide variety of entertainments, from Search and Rescue dogs to majorettes, Salsa, youth theatre, dance, classic bikes, petanque, sandcastles and painting with light.
You may also want to watch:
That evening features to music of Blue Sky Pandemic, Midnight Toys, Tequila Rockin Bird, Falling Apart and Zamba.
Next day brings an opportunity to take part in human table-top football and tug-o-war, admire belly dancing, kick boxing and Samba music displays, take part in art workshops, visit open gardens and a family variety show.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
Live entertainment continues into the evening with Ian Hudson and Friends, Idle Worriers, Dog, Maybe Naked and Dambuskers.
Bank holiday Monday brings dog agility, youth club carnival hats and masks, awards ceremony and auction, a North Devon Mini register display and Potwalloping bingo.
Then, more music, with Sherry's Singing Club, Jax, the Drop, Basil's Blues Band and Wilderland.
The Country Life Brewery will be at the Festival with local favourite ales.
Westward Ho! Youth Club will have its own range of activities, including the screening of members' own film, a hat and mask workshops, graffiti art, face painting, music composition, arts and crafts, games and its new club caf�.
The Baptist Church will offer craft activities, Ready Steady Cook, cream teas and refreshments and Songs of Praise.
More details e-mail email@example.com or visit www.potwalloping.co.uk