Three cars and bus collide on North Devon Link Road
Man taken to hospital with neck injuries after rush hour crash near South Molton
A man was taken to hospital with neck injuries after a double decker bus and three cars collided on the North Devon Link Road yesterday (Tuesday.)
Emergency services were called to the scene near the Aller Cross roundabout, South Molton, just before 6pm.
Fire crews from South Molton and Barnstaple released the male driver of a bronze Ford Fiesta before he was taken to North Devon District Hospital by South Western Ambulance Service with neck injuries.
Five passengers from the Stagecoach bus were treated for shock. The other vehicles involved were a silver BMW registered to Sheffield and a black Peugeot 206 registered to Minehead.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the collisions occurred some 100-200 yards from the roundabout on the Barnstaple side, blocking the downhill single lane section.
There are no indications at this stage as to how the collision occurred.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
The road was reopened again at 8.20pm.