Three cars and bus collide on North Devon Link Road
Man taken to hospital with neck injuries after rush hour crash near South Molton
A man was taken to hospital with neck injuries after a double decker bus and three cars collided on the North Devon Link Road yesterday (Tuesday.)
Emergency services were called to the scene near the Aller Cross roundabout, South Molton, just before 6pm.
Fire crews from South Molton and Barnstaple released the male driver of a bronze Ford Fiesta before he was taken to North Devon District Hospital by South Western Ambulance Service with neck injuries.
Five passengers from the Stagecoach bus were treated for shock. The other vehicles involved were a silver BMW registered to Sheffield and a black Peugeot 206 registered to Minehead.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the collisions occurred some 100-200 yards from the roundabout on the Barnstaple side, blocking the downhill single lane section.
There are no indications at this stage as to how the collision occurred.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
The road was reopened again at 8.20pm.