Thousands urged to join North Devon’s Relay for Life
THE people of North Devon have been urged to turn out in their droves for the annual Cancer Research UK Relay For Life on June 11 and 12 at Braunton.
The charity relay is now in its fourth year and sees teams of people from all walks of life and abilities converge on Braunton Athletics Track to take part in the overnight fundraising festival.
Team members walk or run around the track, making sure that one person is on the track at all times. The venue offers plenty of space and ample parking.
Lats year more than �45,000 was raised by the Braunton event, but oragnsiers want to make this a true North Devon and are calling for teams to go along and be part of the amazing experience.
“Relay For Life is a unique celebration of life and hope, which unites communities to help beat cancer, and culminates in a fantastic family and team event,” said Pauline Kiely, one fo the committee of volunteer organisers.
“This is not a sponsored event, instead fundraising takes place in the weeks before Relay and many and various events bring in a lot of money. Can you hold a coffee morning or a quiz, a wine tasting or dinner party? There are endless innovative ideas out there.
“Cancer affects us all in one way or another, either in our families, our workplace or our community. Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.”
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 8 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries
Visit www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay for more information or contact one the committee volunteers via email -
Stan Westlake: email@example.com.
Anne Griffiths: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pauline Kiely: email@example.com.