Thousands urged to join North Devon’s Relay for Life
THE people of North Devon have been urged to turn out in their droves for the annual Cancer Research UK Relay For Life on June 11 and 12 at Braunton.
The charity relay is now in its fourth year and sees teams of people from all walks of life and abilities converge on Braunton Athletics Track to take part in the overnight fundraising festival.
Team members walk or run around the track, making sure that one person is on the track at all times. The venue offers plenty of space and ample parking.
Lats year more than �45,000 was raised by the Braunton event, but oragnsiers want to make this a true North Devon and are calling for teams to go along and be part of the amazing experience.
“Relay For Life is a unique celebration of life and hope, which unites communities to help beat cancer, and culminates in a fantastic family and team event,” said Pauline Kiely, one fo the committee of volunteer organisers.
You may also want to watch:
“This is not a sponsored event, instead fundraising takes place in the weeks before Relay and many and various events bring in a lot of money. Can you hold a coffee morning or a quiz, a wine tasting or dinner party? There are endless innovative ideas out there.
“Cancer affects us all in one way or another, either in our families, our workplace or our community. Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Visit www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay for more information or contact one the committee volunteers via email -
Stan Westlake: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne Griffiths: email@example.com.
Pauline Kiely: firstname.lastname@example.org.