Thousands of food waste caddies to be delivered to North Devon homes
AROUND 38,000 homes across North Devon are to get new kitchen caddies over the next few weeks, in time for the start of a food waste recycling service. North Devon Council is launching its second major phase of the service from Monday, October 12. Council
AROUND 38,000 homes across North Devon are to get new kitchen caddies over the next few weeks, in time for the start of a food waste recycling service.
North Devon Council is launching its second major phase of the service from Monday, October 12.
Councillor Rodney Cann, Lead Member for Waste and Recycling, said the launch of the food waste recycling service would help the council to cut down on the amount of waste it sent to landfill.
"Therefore, when you get your new kitchen caddy, keep it somewhere safe, as you will soon be able to use it - benefiting not only you and your family, but also helping future generations," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Residents will also be given reusable brown bags at the same time as they get their kitchen caddies. These brown bags can be used to collect flattened cardboard, as this will no longer be accepted in green wheelie bins when the food waste service starts.
Details on how to use the new food waste and cardboard recycling services will be sent out with the caddies, along with a guide to show what other items can be recycled.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
Meanwhile, to help answer any queries about the recycling services, public information stalls are being held in various locations in October.
Friday 2 October - Pannier Market, Barnstaple
Thursday 8 October - Pannier Market, South Molton
Friday 9 October - Pannier Market, Barnstaple
Sunday 18 October - Food Festival at the Pannier Market, Barnstaple.
For further information visit www.northdevon.gov.uk/greensweep, telephone (01271) 374776 or email email@example.com for assistance.