Crowdfunder launched for new Thomas Carr restaurant in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
Michelin star chef is aiming to open a new restaurant at The Lamb premises
A crowdfunding appeal has been launched to bring a new restaurant to Ilfracombe High Street.
Thomas Carr of The Olive Room, together with his brother Kevin and friend Richard Evans, hope to take over the old Lamb Hotel premises to open a new Seafood and Grill restaurant.
To make it happen - the team have launched a project on popular crowdfunding website Kickstarter.
Thomas added: “Every business needs money to begin with, and there are a number of ways to get that. We wanted to find the most effective way, as we have some great ideas for the business and also want to keep the costs to the customers as low as possible.
You may also want to watch:
We thought Ilfracombe, and North Devon, would be the ideal place to crowdfund as there is such a great crowd to fund from.”
Thomas gained Ilfracombe’s first Michelin star for The Olive Room in 2016 and retained it this year, as well as adding three AA rosettes to his collection.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 9 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 10 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
Kevin Carr is a world record holder for the fastest time running around the world, while Rich Evans co-founded North Devon marketing agency BlueFrog Media.
If successful, the restaurant hopes to be open as early as February or March this year.
To find the crowdfunding page CLICK HERE