This Morning presenter Jeff Brazier films at Westward Ho! surf school
- Credit: Archant
Presenter Jeff Brazier and team join North Devon Surf School for a lesson to be shown in ITV’s flagship show.
THE crew from ITV’s This Morning descended on Westward Ho! beach last weekend to film their flab-battling families taking to the waves with North Devon Surf School.
Cameras followed presenter Jeff Brazier and members of the four families taking part in the Downsize the Family segment of the show as they learned how to surf as part of their ongoing fight to lose weight.
The filming took around four hours as the 13 family members learned the rudiments of wave riding under the eyes of the school’s instructors Mark Murray, Laura Gregorczyk and Bradley Parsons.
This Morning viewers have been following the progress of the four families as a team of experts including fitness trainer Matt Robinson and nutritionist Amanda Hamilton help to change their ways through the introduction of a healthier lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
Presenter Jeff Brazier – best known as the father of the late Jade Goody’s two sons – is on hand to help.
“The school received a call from ITV saying they wanted to come down as Westward Ho! looked like the place they wanted to be and we looked like a professional set up,” said Gemma McQuillam, office manager at North Devon Surf School.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
“It’s fantastic for the local economy and really great for a small business like us to be allowed the opportunity and selected to go on national TV.”
After the surf lesson, the cameras turned to a variety of healthy food provided by the Pebble Ridge Café.
The Westward Ho! episode is expected to appear on ITV1 sometime in early May.
North Devon Surf School can be contacted via 01237 474663 or www.northdevonsurfschool.co.uk and email email@example.com