Third pub hit in burglary spree
A THIRD pub was burgled during a 12-hour village-hopping spree in the South Molton area this week. Cash and other items have been reported stolen at The Barnstaple Inn, at Burrington, during an early morning raid on Monday, November 16. The Globe Inn at B
A THIRD pub was burgled during a 12-hour village-hopping spree in the South Molton area this week.
Cash and other items have been reported stolen at The Barnstaple Inn, at Burrington, following an early morning raid on Monday, November 16.
The Globe Inn at Beaford, near Winkleigh in North Devon was targeted sometime between 10pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday, and there was a similar incident in South Molton at the Barnstaple Inn on the same night.
Police in South Molton are investigating any links between the crimes and are urging landlords to check their security arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
If you noticed anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the burglaries, or saw any vehicles in the area which seemed out of place, call the police on 08452 777444 quoting crime ref. CT/09/555 or CS/09/617 or ring CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Calls to reject latest bid for new homes at Chivenor Cross
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users