Thieves target South Molton ATM
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Card stealing equipment discovered on cash machine in Broad Street.
A card reader and spy camera have been discovered on a cash point outside a South Molton bank.
Police said the equipment was placed on the machine outside the HSBC branch in Broad Street sometime between Saturday, April 27 and Monday 29.
The devices were seized by police after being reported by the bank and officers would like to hear from anyone who might have seen anything suspicious around the cash machine during that period.
The tactic is one used by thieves to steal peoples’ bank card details and pin number, then taking cash from their account.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, call PC Graham James by dialling 101 and quoting reference CS/13/175.
Police said anyone who used the machine between April 27-29 and had any concerns was advised to contact HSBC.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon