Thieves target South Molton ATM
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Card stealing equipment discovered on cash machine in Broad Street.
A card reader and spy camera have been discovered on a cash point outside a South Molton bank.
Police said the equipment was placed on the machine outside the HSBC branch in Broad Street sometime between Saturday, April 27 and Monday 29.
The devices were seized by police after being reported by the bank and officers would like to hear from anyone who might have seen anything suspicious around the cash machine during that period.
The tactic is one used by thieves to steal peoples’ bank card details and pin number, then taking cash from their account.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information, call PC Graham James by dialling 101 and quoting reference CS/13/175.
Police said anyone who used the machine between April 27-29 and had any concerns was advised to contact HSBC.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple