Thieves target heating oil tanks
Police issue warning following theft of hundreds of litres of fuel from homes in Bideford.
POLICE have issued a warning to residents following the theft of hundreds of litres of heating oil from homes in Bideford.
The local neighbourhood beat team is urging people to check their oil tank levels on a weekly basis to ensure they are not victims themselves.
PC Derek Broadribb and PCSO Paul Uden also advise that tank caps are padlocked and that ‘belly’ straps are fitted to plastic models.
“If at all possible, any areas that house oil tanks should have some type of security lighting in place and affordable CCTV to overlook yards and outbuildings,” said PCSO Uden.
You may also want to watch:
“Make sure that you have ordered the correct amount of oil needed and you have recorded levels.”
Anyone with any information about recent thefts is asked to contact police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising