Theatres call for Young Producers
NORTH Devon Theatres are looking for 15 young people with a keen interest in the arts to take part in a new project called Young Producers.
This free arts programme for young people aged 16 to 25 explores the core elements of running a theatre. This will include learning about programming, marketing, front of house and box office functions, followed by the opportunity to book, publicise and host an arts event chosen by the Young Producers.
As part of this project, the Young Producers will be able to achieve the nationally recognised Level 2 Silver Arts Award.
North Devon Theatres recognises the benefit of having young people play an active role in the arts and the Young Producers project aims to be an accessible and effective way to improve the arts services on offer to them.
Project manager Phoebe Mallows said: “This is a great opportunity for young people to have an active voice within the organisation and learn new skills that could lead to a nationally recognised qualification.”
You may also want to watch:
The group will meet at the Queen’s Theatre, Barnstaple on a Tuesday evening between 5-7pm from October until next June.
Anyone interested in becoming a Young Producer should contact Phoebe Mallows at firstname.lastname@example.org or, pick up an application from the Queen’s Theatre, Barnstaple or the Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Applications must be returned before October 13.