Theatre staff go under the clippers for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Eighteen lose their locks at pub mass head shave.
THEATRE staff at North Devon District Hospital put their heads together for mass head shave in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Eighteen lost their locks to raise more than £3,000 in support of a colleague recently diagnosed with cancer.
Practitioners, surgeons, technicians and support workers went under the clippers at a packed out Panniers pub in Barnstaple on Friday night
Practitioner Anne Pulford was the first member of staff to put her name forward, quickly followed by deputy theatre manager Andy Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Andy said: “One of our members of staff was recently diagnosed with cancer, and her theatre colleagues wanted to help in some way, and decided to organise a fundraiser towards our North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
“After a quick chat in the office, and a little bit of coaxing, we set a date and went for it.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“We want to raise as much money as we can, to get the new unit built which will help thousands of cancer patients in North Devon.”
Appeal fundraiser Julie Whitton said, “The theatre staff have been very supportive to the Chemotherapy Appeal and have organised several events over the past few years.
“They enthusiastically took on this challenge to help the appeal meet its £2.2million target.”
The Chemotherapy Appeal has raised a magnificent £1.85m towards its £2.2m. If you have an idea for a fundraising event to help with its final push, call Julie Whitton on 01271 311772 or email email@example.com.