Theatre-goers bowled over by comedian’s kind offer
- Credit: Archant
Adam Hills treats audience members to a game of bowling following Barnstaple show.
AN Australian comedian treated audience members to an impromptu game of bowling following a performance at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple last night (Monday).
Adam Hills – a regular on shows such as Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Mock the Week and presenter of Channel 4’s The Last Leg – paid for show-goers to go to Let’s Go bowling centre at Pottington.
Hundreds took him up on his offer and flooded through the doors of the Braunton Road complex at around 10pm.
Adam, who only asked for donations towards his Movember effort, spent more than an hour greeting customers and signing autographs while posing for photos.
You may also want to watch:
Let’s Go owner Wendy Pullen sad it was the busiest Monday night they had ever had.
“It was a fantastic and we’re all still a bit shell-shocked,” she said.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“Adam called me earlier in the day to say he was thinking about doing it but we had no idea how many people would turn up.
“We were surprised to see so many flock through the door – there must have been roughly 200 people as booked 120 on the bowling and there were others talking to Adam and singing in the karaoke booths.
“It’s definitely the busiest Monday night we’ve ever had – we’re usually getting ready to close up after 10pm.”