Bideford trainer’s new book puts military mindset into weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A Bideford trainer who served in both the British and US armies has put the military mindset to work in his new book about losing weight and getting fit.
Chris Marco Flores, aged 31, spent two years in the Coldstream Guards as a teenager before using his dual citizenship to sign up for the US Army, going on to service 12 months in Iraq in 2010-11.
Previously unfit himself, he has put what he learned in the military into a new book called The Weight is Over, now available at Waterstones and on Amazon.
It focuses on getting people into the right mindset before tackling achievable challenges and an exercise plan that is fun, as well as sustainable nutrition.
Chris started as a personal trainer in 2014 and now runs 12 month online weight loss courses that he says have helped 41 people lose more than 100 stone in six months.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It's for people who fantasise about changing but are in disbelief and don't think it's possible. There's no magic pill, it does not happen overnight."
More information is available on the Chris Marco Flores Facebook page.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park