The Thatched Inn at Ilfracombe reopens
- Credit: Archant
Popular pub is back in business after refurbishment and successful opening night on Saturday.
ILFRACOMBE’S distinctive Thatched Inn re-opened its doors on at the weekend under the new management of Paul White.
A large local crowd turned out for the official opening on Saturday night, carried out by the Mayor, Councillor Lynda Courtnadge, before guests sat back to enjoy drinks, canapés and live music from The Tuesday Syndicate.
The Thatch, on the main Hillsborough Road just past the swimming pool, has been closed for almost three weeks while owner Paul and his team got it ready.
The pub has been in Paul’s family for 37 years, sic ne his grandfather Eric White bought it from previous owner Charlie Disney.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re opening the pub with a newly refurbished dining area upstairs, a wider variety of wines and ales, and a traditional pub menu,” said Paul.
“It’s traditional pub values, with hospitality, good real ales, food and a good selection of wines in a nice warm and happy environment.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
“The new menu will delight British food lovers and includes dishes such as braised belly of pork, traditional ploughman’s, fresh local mussels, Exmoor steaks and traditional Sunday roasts.”
Paul’s team includes head chef Ryan Smith, who said: “We plan on making The Thatched Inn one of best places to eat in Ilfracombe.
“Throughout the year the menu will vary depending on what’s in season, so the food served here will always be the freshest it can be.”
On opening night, Paul said: “It’s an honour to be here tonight with the support of the Mayor and so many of our regular and new customers. We really want to make the Thatched Inn a local pub to be proud of and are looking forward to what this first season holds.”