The right note for Chemo Appeal
Hospital Choir goes from strength to strength at Barnstaple.
BARNSTAPLE’S Hospital Choir has really been on song for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal during its first year of life.
Inspired by the work of television’s Gareth Malone, it was formed in December and now has 36 health trust workers from a variety of departments in its ranks.
The choir meets most Wednesdays to rehearse in the gym at North Devon District Hospital and has a number of public events and concerts taking place in the run up to Christmas.
Two successful events during the summer saw a concert at Christ Church raising �2,052 for the Chemo Appeal, followed by a cream tea and choir event which raised �845 for the Hospital League of Friends.
The choir will be taking part in a charity concert at The Aggi in Braunton this Friday on behalf of North Devon Hospice. It starts at 7.30pm and other performers include singer songwriter Ellie Campbell plus dancers. There will be a raffle and tickets are �5 at the door.
Christmas choir appearances include Barnstaple Tesco Extra at 1pm on Sunday, December 16, followed by more festive songs at Sainsburys from 2.30pm. They will be at Tesco on December 22 too.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
On Wednesday, December 19 the choir will be singing in the Raleigh Galley and wards at the hospital from 12.30-1.30pm.
Plus on Thursday, December 20 they will be in Barnstaple High Street from 6.30pm to entertain late night shoppers.
All proceeds from the Christmas events will go to the Chemo Appeal.