The North Devon AONB needs you
THREE community representatives are being sought to help preserve and shape the future of the coastal landscape of North Devon and Torridge. North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Partnership has three vacancies for the posts. Applic
THREE community representatives are being sought to help preserve and shape the future of the coastal landscape of North Devon and Torridge.
North Devon Coast Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Partnership has three vacancies for the posts.
Applications are invited from anyone with knowledge of the local coastal landscape and an interest in its wildlife, culture, farming and local community - plus some time to spare.
The successful applicants will join other members of the partnership acting as a link between the AONB and the community by promoting its work and support of a management plan.
You may also want to watch:
They will be expected to attend four meetings a year, join site visits and provide advice on local management.
Contacts with community networks, parish councils or local interests groups would be an advantage for the post.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
Anyone interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: The Chairman, North Devon AONB, Bideford Station, Bideford, EX39 4BB, explaining why they wish to be considered for the role, with a summary of relevant experience and local knowledge.
Applications must be received by February 22 and successful candidates will serve from March 2010 to October 2012.
For more information about the AONB and the Partnership visit website www.northdevon-aonb.org.uk