The Magnificent Seven ride again for charity
Circular bicycle to take fund raisers on 350 mile bike ride for Children’s Hospice South West
A “magnificent seven” team of fund raisers are taking on one of their most convoluted assignments yet as they attempt to pedal a circular bicycle in a straight line for 350 miles to raise money for Children’s Hospice South West.
Each year David Butt and friends have organised challenging and wacky events to help the hospice, including two lengthy sponsored walks, a 24 hour space hop and a mass custard pie fight at Pilton.
They will cover the Tiverton to Barnstaple leg this Monday (October 10,) calling at South Molton around 12.30pm and then parking up in Barnstaple Square from 4.30-6.30pm.
The team plans to ride from the Children’s Hospice of Charlton Farm in Bristol to Little Bridge House in Fremington and then via Exeter and Plymouth to the newly completed Little Harbour hospice at St Austell.
You may also want to watch:
Their challenge has quite naturally been named The Magnificent Seven Ride Again and will see them aboard a very unusual seven seater bike provided by Get Cycling based in York.
They will face each other in a circle as they pedal, whilst venturing in a straight line and along the route they will be inviting supporters to join them to help complete the journey.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Bounce back victory for Barnstaple
People or organisations are being invited to turn up at the Square with teams of five or six to try out the bike and take it for a short spin. Set times can be booked in advance or just turn up.
The next day the intrepid septet will be calling in at Little Bridge House, then Bideford at around 1pm and Torrington at 3. They will be back in Barnstaple at the FoodFest in the Pannier Market on Sunday, October 16.
For more details or to donate sponsorship, call David Butt on 07818 037726. Visit the Mag 7 Ride Again Facebook page, or donations can be made via www.justgiving.com/magnificent7rideagain or by texting MAGN77 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070.