The 'Hoff' swaps California for Croyde
FORMER Baywatch star David Hasselhoff has swapped the beaches of California for North Devon to take part in filming for a new television series. The American actor – who shot to fame in cult 80s crime-fighting drama Knight Rider – has been spotted out an
FORMER Baywatch star David Hasselhoff has swapped the beaches of California for North Devon to take part in filming for a new television series.
The American actor - who shot to fame in cult 80s crime-fighting drama Knight Rider - has been spotted out and about in various coastal locations today (Monday).
He is understood to filming a new show with Radio One DJ Scott Mills for a series to be broadcast on satellite television station, Living TV.
The star, currently a judge on worldwide television sensation America's Got Talent, was spotted by Gazette readers in Croyde this morning and at Tunnels Beaches, Ilfracombe, this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
He is thought to be staying in Woolacombe and was due to meet up with lifeguards in the village and RNLI crew members from Appledore this morning before having to cancel at the last minute
A spokesperson for Appledore RNLI told the Gazette that Hasselhoff, affectionately nicknamed "The Hoff" by fans, was supposed to be filming with the RNLI lifeguards at Woolacombe earlier this morning and then be transported by "rib" to the waiting Appledore lifeboat.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
She said that this was a way of demonstrating how the UK's joined-up coastal rescue services operate together.
She said: "The lifeboat was already on the way to meet the star and had reached Baggy Point when we received a message to say Mr Hasselhoff's filming schedule was too tight and had to cancel."
She said it was disappointing for all the volunteers who had put themselves out to be there but that it was understood he had three filming commitments in the region today.
"It was such a shame that the voluntary lifeboat crew, including the shore helpers, had taken time from work and holidays to help out, and given no warning of the cancellation until they were on their way."
Have you spotted David Hasselhoff out and about in North Devon? Email your pictures to email@example.com or telephone the Gazette newsdesk on (01271) 341629.