'The Hoff' backs hospice sandcastle competition
THE sand has only just settled following former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff s recent whirlwind visit to Woolacombe – but it s sure to be whipped up again this weekend with the return of the UK National Sandcastle Competition. Teams of up to six will be
THE sand has only just settled following former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff's recent whirlwind visit to Woolacombe - but it's sure to be whipped up again this weekend with the return of the UK National Sandcastle Competition.
Teams of up to six will be battling it out to be king of the castle on Sunday afternoon. And while the man fans affectionately call "the Hoff" left the region on Wednesday, he jumped at the chance to take time out of a busy filming schedule to lend his support to the event.
"Whether you are on Malibu beach or Woolacombe beach, everyone loves building sandcastles," he said, while paying a visit to the hospice at Deer Park in Barnstaple."
"You have one of the best beaches in the world on your doorstep, so whether you are a competitor or a spectator, get yourself down to Woolacombe Beach and enjoy the day. Your hospice cares for more than 100 local people every day, so do what you can to support them."
You may also want to watch:
Digging on Sunday starts at 1pm, with judging taking place at 4pm. Entertainment on the day will be provided by Hundrumconundrum, Samba Sol and local radio DJ James Chapple with his road show.
There is still time to enter a team, either with your friends or workmates. For an entry form or for more details, telephone (01271) 347213, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park