WATCH: Trailer released for Guernsey movie filmed in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The trailer for a wartime movie filmed in North Devon last year has been released ahead of its release in April.
Scenes from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which stars Game of Thrones’ Michael Huisman and Downton Abbey stars Lily James and Jessica Brown Findlay, were filmed in Bideford, Clovelly and Saunton in April last year.
The film is a big-screen adaptation of international best-selling historical novel, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Lily James plays free-spirited journalist Juliet Ashton, who forms a life-changing bond with the delightful and eccentric Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
Set on the island of Guernsey in the aftermath of the Second World War, Juliet decides to write about the book club they formed during the occupation of the island.
You may also want to watch:
The film is due for release in cinemas on April 20.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon