WATCH: Trailer released for Guernsey movie filmed in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The trailer for a wartime movie filmed in North Devon last year has been released ahead of its release in April.
Scenes from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which stars Game of Thrones’ Michael Huisman and Downton Abbey stars Lily James and Jessica Brown Findlay, were filmed in Bideford, Clovelly and Saunton in April last year.
The film is a big-screen adaptation of international best-selling historical novel, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
Lily James plays free-spirited journalist Juliet Ashton, who forms a life-changing bond with the delightful and eccentric Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
Set on the island of Guernsey in the aftermath of the Second World War, Juliet decides to write about the book club they formed during the occupation of the island.
You may also want to watch:
The film is due for release in cinemas on April 20.
- 1 Fatal car crash on the A39 near Kilkhampton
- 2 Summer car parking charges hike planned for North Devon
- 3 North Devon MP 'disappointed' Covid restrictions not lifted sooner
- 4 Councillor 'sets record straight' on Brunswick Wharf development
- 5 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home
- 6 40% of Devon adults have received first Covid vaccination
- 7 £5 a year council tax rise confirmed by Torridge District Council
- 8 Carer denies ill treating Bideford patient
- 9 'Incredible Hulk' jailed for Barnstaple street attack
- 10 Mercy for young mum 'forced' into drug dealing