The gift of giving
The Salvation Army is once again running its Christmas Child appeal.
Toys are needed for those children in our local area for whom Christmas is just another day.
While many of us will be surrounded by friends and family, enjoying exchanging gifts and the Christmas festivities, there are families close by who will be living in cold homes trying to make ends meet and for whom presents are an unaffordable luxury.
Please help us to provide a present for those in need this Christmas by purchasing an inexpensive gift for a child – nought to 18 years old – and dropping them off at our partner organisation (unwrapped, please).
Superdrug stores in Barnstaple and Bideford have once again offered to be our partners and they will be happy to accept gifts on our behalf.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for your generous support.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new