The gift of giving
The Salvation Army is once again running its Christmas Child appeal.
Toys are needed for those children in our local area for whom Christmas is just another day.
While many of us will be surrounded by friends and family, enjoying exchanging gifts and the Christmas festivities, there are families close by who will be living in cold homes trying to make ends meet and for whom presents are an unaffordable luxury.
Please help us to provide a present for those in need this Christmas by purchasing an inexpensive gift for a child – nought to 18 years old – and dropping them off at our partner organisation (unwrapped, please).
Superdrug stores in Barnstaple and Bideford have once again offered to be our partners and they will be happy to accept gifts on our behalf.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you for your generous support.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience