The Duchess of Cornwall to visit Devon County Show
- Credit: Archant
Camilla to open three-day annual agricultural spectacular.
THE Duchess of Cornwall is to officially open the Devon County Show on Thursday.
Camilla will be guest of honour during the opening day of the three-day annual agricultural event at Westpoint, Exeter.
Show secretary Ollie Allen said: “We are honoured and delighted that Her Royal Highness will be with us this year and will do everything to ensure she enjoys her day.
“We are very much looking forward to showing the Duchess different features and attractions, which bring together thousands of people from all corners of the county who enjoy rural life.”
You may also want to watch:
The show, now in its 118th year, attracts competitors from Devon and the South West, all anxious to make their mark in the first major South West agricultural Show of the year.
Run by a small professional team, it relies on hundreds of volunteers who ensure the biggest event in the county calendar continues to flourish.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
The celebration of country living includes livestock, local food and drink, flowers, gardens and handicrafts. There is also non-stop entertainment in six rings, including the thrills and spills of the Diggerland JCB Stunt Team among others.
Advance tickets are on sale now from the showground and tourist information centres. Tickets are also available to download on-line until midnight on Wednesday, May 15.
For more information, visit www.devoncountyshow.co.uk