The Dolly Rockers to perform in Barnstaple
UP and coming girl band the Dolly Rockers will perform in Barnstaple at this year s Christmas lights switch on event. Described as a modern day Bananarama, the trio have recently hit the mainstream with their debut single Je Suis Une Dolly, which was prom
UP and coming girl band the Dolly Rockers will perform in Barnstaple at this year's Christmas lights switch on event.
Described as a modern day Bananarama, the trio have recently hit the mainstream with their debut single Je Suis Une Dolly, which was promoted heavily by BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills. They are currently enjoying chart success with their second single, Gold Digger, and are just one of the acts already confirmed to launch the town's Winter Festival on Sunday, November 22.
Festival organisers say they have another major headline act to announce at a special launch event in the town centre on Saturday, September 26.
Joss Stone and The Saturdays have previously starred at the switch-on in the Square.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Bulley, town centre manager, said the event was set to become a well-established celebration in the town: "We have put together a very varied package of entertainment for families this year, and have worked closely with the Queen's Theatre and the Museum of North Devon to create a special event that will involve all ages.
"This year's Winter Festival celebrations will begin with two 'Spirit of Christmas' parades involving children of all ages and we will announce further details about this exciting event soon.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple
"We are keen to involve local schools and youth organisations throughout the festival, including the Barnstaple Youth Marching Band and the North Devon Gang Show. With musical acts as diverse as North Devon Community Gospel Choir, The Breaks Collective and Jenna Witts to name but a few, there should be something for everyone.
"This is all in addition to a fantastic assortment of street theatre, which will be ongoing throughout the festive season," added Mr Bulley.