The Burton at Bideford looks to recruit new board of trustees
- Credit: Archant
Museum and art gallery is after new trustees as it aims to become charitable trust by April this year.
The Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford will officially become a charitable trust in April 2016.
In 2015 members of Torridge District Council agreed to establish the museum - founded in 1951 - as a new trust.
The Burton at Bideford was incorporated in October and is now recruiting a first round of new trustees.
Judith Gentry, chairman of the shadow trustees, said “We will be looking for a broad mix of skills and experience in our trustees and are particularly interested in recruiting proactive and committed individuals who care about the future of the Burton and have something to offer to its continued success.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Richard Wiseman, lead member for culture at Torridge District Council, said: “TDC is keen to support The Burton at Bideford in the coming years which will include a significant financial contribution to the running of the gallery and museum.
“The collection held at the Burton will remain in the ownership of Torridge District Council in the care of the trust.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
Download a trustee recruitment pack from www.burtonartgallery.co.uk by Friday, February 5.