Join in with The Big Virtual Lunch at Westward Ho! and beyond
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An annual feast of community togetherness is moving over into cyber space this year for the first time.
Westward Ho! Is hosting The Big Virtual Lunch on Saturday and Sunday, June 6 and 7.
Originally promoted by the Eden Project as a thanksgiving weekend to bring people together, Westward Ho! Was among towns and villages around the UK that hosted a Big Lunch event.
It was started in 2013 by Terry Thorpe and Ginette Berry, supported by the Halifax Building Society, who hosted their first Big Lunch as an afternoon tea for neighbours in Pebble Close, Avon Lane and Dune View.
With the coronavirus crisis, they have opted to join the rest of the country in The Big Virtual Lunch instead, with people invited to get together for a – socially distanced – glass of wine, afternoon tea or bring-your-own lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Ginette and Terry will be hosting an afternoon tea at Pebble Close but other streets are encouraged to do their own thing.
Local businesses in Westward Ho! – Tea on the Green, and A Slice of Life – are kindly supporting the event by making a donation for each order received for collection or delivery on Saturday (June 6).
To find out more and organise your own event, go to https://www.edenprojectcommunities.com/inspiring-stories/celebrate-your-community-with-the-big-virtual-lunch .
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved