The best Party yet
Party at the Manor 2012 was the best yet. We reached our aims of bringing the community together, entertaining people of all ages from all over North Devon, showcasing Fremington and raising vital funds for local organisations.
On Friday, September 7, we gave away �11,500 to 16 groups. Our group retained �4,000 for enhancement of the village green.
Other funds went to: Fremington Manor Residents comfort fund (�1,400); St Peters Church (�1,150); Children’s Hospice South West (�750 and the bucket collection raised �290); Fremington Youth Football Club (�750); Fremington Football Club (�750); Fremington Gardening Club (�420); Fremington Scouts and Cubs (�400); Fremington in Bloom (�330); Tawstock Scouts (�300); Alfie Huxtable Fund (�250).
The following all received �200: Lampard Vachell School, Fremington Guides, Fremington Brownies, Instow School PTFA.
St John Ambulance and Pilton School PTFA received �100 each.
May I finish by thanking all 200-plus volunteers, musicians and our main sponsors Contratec Developments Ltd, WS Hockin Transport, Care South, Woolacombe Bay, Kitemare, Fremington Quay Caf�, Graylings, SDS, McBains, Atlas Packaging, Creature Comforts, The Voice, Devon Outdoor & Camping Supplies.
Now in its fifth year, the event was held in the wonderful grounds of Fremington Manor and was enjoyed by over 1,400 people. Most important, we had sunshine!
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
Chair, Fremington & District Community Group