‘The apocalypse’ for Barnstaple multi storey
Demolition of Queen Street car park running to schedule.
A “post apocalyptic” appearance has transformed Queen Street in Barnstaple as work progresses on the demolition of the multi storey car park.
North Devon Council has reported good progress and is now eight weeks into the 12 week project, which the council says is running on time and to schedule.
It is the first phase of the council’s wider plans to redevelop the Queen Street and Bear Street area.
The decaying concrete multi storey has been on the agenda for several years, after it was discovered sections of concrete were coming away from the building, with metal beams and ties underneath beginning to deteriorate.
You may also want to watch:
The second stage, to transform the existing ground floor space to create a temporary split-level car park is expected to take a further six weeks.
The council has said the new-look car park should be open by July.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'