Thanks from hospices
SIR - On behalf of North Devon Hospice and Children s Hospice South West, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting Light up a Life once again in 2009. With 22 services taking place throughout North Devon and Torridge in the
SIR - On behalf of North Devon Hospice and Children's Hospice South West, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting Light up a Life once again in 2009.
With 22 services taking place throughout North Devon and Torridge in the lead up to Christmas, the sense of community was strong as people from all over the region came together to support each other, and light candles in memory of their loved ones.
We are incredibly grateful to all the amazing volunteers across North Devon who made this possible. Our thanks go to Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons for providing the all-important mince pies at each of the services, and to Barnstaple Town Council who generously donated the Light Up a Life Christmas tree erected in The Square. Light up a Life would not have been possible without your kind help.
Special thanks must also go to the North Devon Gazette and for promoting Light up a Life to their readers. Your enthusiasm and support was astounding, and with your help we were able to reach out to literally thousands of people with the Light up a Life message.
You may also want to watch:
We are always moved by the amount of compassion we see within the North Devon community, and it was wonderful to see people of all ages, backgrounds and religions come together to support each other.
We are also touched by the kind donations received as a result of these services, as an amazing �30,000 was raised for North Devon Hospice and Children's Hospice South West. This will go towards caring for people of all ages suffering from the impact of a life-threatening illness.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
All the best to you and your readers for 2010,
Ali Hunt and Ian Roome
North Devon Hospice and
Children's Hospice South West.