Thanks for your kind donations
I am writing to thank your readers for supporting the Big Collection weekend at Tesco in North Devon (October 4-6).
With the help of teams of dedicated volunteers and the kind donations made by customers in Barnstaple and Bideford, we raised an incredible £1,400 for Diabetes UK.
We were overwhelmed with the number of people – 7,000 across the UK – who volunteered to help us collect donations and raise a staggering £370,687 nationally. The money is still coming in.
If you were one of the volunteers who enjoyed the day, or saw how much fun people in fancy dress and blue wigs had collecting donations, and you would like to get involved in other activities with Diabetes UK, we’d like to hear from you.
Some interesting opportunities include raising awareness of the condition, joining a voluntary group, and becoming a media volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
People interested in volunteering for Diabetes UK, can visit www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved/Volunteer or email email@example.com.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
South West Regional Manager