Thanks for your kind donations
I am writing to thank your readers for supporting the Big Collection weekend at Tesco in North Devon (October 4-6).
With the help of teams of dedicated volunteers and the kind donations made by customers in Barnstaple and Bideford, we raised an incredible £1,400 for Diabetes UK.
We were overwhelmed with the number of people – 7,000 across the UK – who volunteered to help us collect donations and raise a staggering £370,687 nationally. The money is still coming in.
If you were one of the volunteers who enjoyed the day, or saw how much fun people in fancy dress and blue wigs had collecting donations, and you would like to get involved in other activities with Diabetes UK, we’d like to hear from you.
Some interesting opportunities include raising awareness of the condition, joining a voluntary group, and becoming a media volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
People interested in volunteering for Diabetes UK, can visit www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved/Volunteer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
South West Regional Manager