Thanks for support
The Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and leaders of 5th North Devon Scout Group would like to thank the residents of Bishops Tawton.
During the Golden Jubilee period the community have donated their time and money to hold a number of fundraising events. These funds were then split between us, the local scout group, and the hospice when, outside the Chichester Arms in Bishops Tawton, they presented cheques for �856 each. In addition, the Bishops Tawton Community Ladies and The Law Almshouses have each donated �150.
We would also like to thank everyone who made our charity auction a success on Sunday, October 7. The landlady of The Three Pigeons public house, Marie Angove (Mimi), kindly offered to hold a fun day, free barbecue and charity auction at her pub. A number of local businesses were also kind enough to donate items for us to auction and it was attended by a large number of her regulars and local residents and this one event resulted in raising �1262.51 towards our cause.
It just goes to show that community spirit is still alive and well in North Devon. This includes local residents and local businesses. They have really surpassed themselves, thank you all very much, regards
5th North Devon Scout Group (Bishops Tawton)
You may also want to watch:
Charity Registration Number 1127860
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts