Thanks for support
I feel compelled to highlight another outstanding piece of charitable fundraising that happened in our community recently.
Being part of North Devon Hospice’s fundraising team for so many years, it is my privilege to regularly hear some amazing tales of how people raise funds for the hospice. But the Riverside Support Group never fails to amaze in their endeavours.
This group of friends hold a number of events every year in the Bideford area to support the work of North Devon Hospice. They are a model of organisation, while also bringing inspiration and enjoyment to everything they do.
Their latest venture was to run the caf� for the Appledore Arts Festival, which was staffed completely by the group’s volunteers and stocked with delicious home-made produce.
They managed to raise an amazing �1,202 throughout the course of the festival, and worked tirelessly to keep the caf� open throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of everyone at North Devon Hospice I would like to thank the Riverside Support Group, and their chairman Jenny Rutter for this latest success.
North Devon Hospice provides free care to patients and families affected by cancer and other life-limiting illness.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
This can only be done thanks to the amazing ongoing support we receive from the local community. Every pound raised helps us provide our essential support to those who really need it.
North Devon Hospice