Thanks for amazing �27,000
SIR – I would like to thank all the lovely people who participated in the Cancer Research UK Relay for Life in Braunton on the weekend of June 13/14 and the good people of Braunton who supported all the fundraising events which have been held during the p
SIR - I would like to thank all the lovely people who participated in the Cancer Research UK Relay for Life in Braunton on the weekend of June 13/14 and the good people of Braunton who supported all the fundraising events which have been held during the past six months.
We had such a fantastic weekend it was full of smiles and happiness but also gave time for reflection and thanksgiving.
The most memorable moments were the Lap of Honour for cancer survivors which I was proud to help organise, and the Candle of Hope ceremony which happened at dusk. The sight of more than 500 candle bags lit up round the track certainly triggered moments of both sadness and joy, as people read the messages of dedication.
All the teams who took part promoted a sense of fellowship and community we were able to enjoy music and dance from local bands and groups and dancing schools.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you to them all for being there.
The amazing sum of �27,000 had been raised by the end of the event but this is confidently expected to rise as further money is paid in.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
So to next year! We shall be starting to plan for 2010 in January; would you like to be part of it? New leaders are needed and fresh ideas: Please contact either myself Pauline Kiely on (01271) 815125 or Anne Griffiths on (01271) 815327 if you are interested.
Thank you again,
Pauline Kiely, Braunton.