Thanks for amazing �27,000
SIR – I would like to thank all the lovely people who participated in the Cancer Research UK Relay for Life in Braunton on the weekend of June 13/14 and the good people of Braunton who supported all the fundraising events which have been held during the p
SIR - I would like to thank all the lovely people who participated in the Cancer Research UK Relay for Life in Braunton on the weekend of June 13/14 and the good people of Braunton who supported all the fundraising events which have been held during the past six months.
We had such a fantastic weekend it was full of smiles and happiness but also gave time for reflection and thanksgiving.
The most memorable moments were the Lap of Honour for cancer survivors which I was proud to help organise, and the Candle of Hope ceremony which happened at dusk. The sight of more than 500 candle bags lit up round the track certainly triggered moments of both sadness and joy, as people read the messages of dedication.
All the teams who took part promoted a sense of fellowship and community we were able to enjoy music and dance from local bands and groups and dancing schools.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you to them all for being there.
The amazing sum of �27,000 had been raised by the end of the event but this is confidently expected to rise as further money is paid in.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
So to next year! We shall be starting to plan for 2010 in January; would you like to be part of it? New leaders are needed and fresh ideas: Please contact either myself Pauline Kiely on (01271) 815125 or Anne Griffiths on (01271) 815327 if you are interested.
Thank you again,
Pauline Kiely, Braunton.