Thanks for a great event and see you next year!
AN open letter from the Oceanfest team: The GoldCoast Oceanfest 2009 has come and gone and the organisers, once again, wish to express their gratitude to everyone who helped make this year s event a success. Jason Mraz and special guest, Newton Faulkner,
AN open letter from the Oceanfest team:
The GoldCoast Oceanfest 2009 has come and gone and the organisers, once again, wish to express their gratitude to everyone who helped make this year's event a success.
Jason Mraz and special guest, Newton Faulkner, rocked the house, as we all expected!
Feedback on the musical talent showcased on the main stage suggests that GoldCoast Oceanfest delivered everything and more than anyone had hoped for.
You may also want to watch:
To our sponsors, on behalf of the entire North Devon Festival, we extend a huge hand shake for taking the plunge during a period when economic prospects did not look brilliant at the turn of the year.
We sincerely hope your commitment has been rewarded many times over.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
The atmosphere and positive vibe was a credit, not only to those who attended, but also to the landowners who facilitate access for everyone's enjoyment.
And let's not forget the brilliant Croyde residents who embrace the event for the midsummer weekend each year.
To the hundreds of athletes who sought both the glory and silverware, we salute your prowess and wish you a summer of top class performances.
The local support services of the Devon District Council, Georgeham and Croyde Parish Council, Devon & Cornwall Constabulary, St Johns Ambulance, RNLI, Devon Fire Service and PedPass were superbly professional.
Provisional dates for 2010 have been set for June18-20.
Warren Shaun Dan and the GoldCoast 2009 Team.