I would like to say thank you to everyone who generously gave their support for my quiz night on May 31 at The Three Pigeons, Bishops Tawton.
Congratulations to the winning team ‘The Alcolytes’ who fought a spirited battle against all comers to win through by a narrow margin.
My great appreciation for the wonderful hosts who provided a great venue, Terry who organised the PA and Gary at the Chichester Arms who helped me to arrange the event.
My gratitude also to the many generous sponsors of the raffle, quiz and auction.
Lastly, a huge thank you to everyone who attended the quiz, bought raffle tickets and bid on the auction. I was humbled and astounded by the number of people who turned out on a hot summer’s evening.
You may also want to watch:
If I have missed anyone, my sincere apologies – your donations and support were greatly appreciated and valued.
The event was in aid of Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people, and altogether raised over £540 with Gift Aid for this great cause, which also supports many similar organisations in North Devon and the South West.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Thank you for giving time in your day, taking money out of your pockets and most importantly making space in your thoughts for homeless people.
If you are able to make a contribution, my fundraising page is still open at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/mikeandtim. With profound appreciation on behalf of Crisis.
“A house is a home when it shelters the body and comforts the soul” – Phillip Moffitt.