I would like to say thank you to everyone who generously gave their support for my quiz night on May 31 at The Three Pigeons, Bishops Tawton.
Congratulations to the winning team ‘The Alcolytes’ who fought a spirited battle against all comers to win through by a narrow margin.
My great appreciation for the wonderful hosts who provided a great venue, Terry who organised the PA and Gary at the Chichester Arms who helped me to arrange the event.
My gratitude also to the many generous sponsors of the raffle, quiz and auction.
Lastly, a huge thank you to everyone who attended the quiz, bought raffle tickets and bid on the auction. I was humbled and astounded by the number of people who turned out on a hot summer’s evening.
You may also want to watch:
If I have missed anyone, my sincere apologies – your donations and support were greatly appreciated and valued.
The event was in aid of Crisis, the national charity for single homeless people, and altogether raised over £540 with Gift Aid for this great cause, which also supports many similar organisations in North Devon and the South West.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
Thank you for giving time in your day, taking money out of your pockets and most importantly making space in your thoughts for homeless people.
If you are able to make a contribution, my fundraising page is still open at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/mikeandtim. With profound appreciation on behalf of Crisis.
“A house is a home when it shelters the body and comforts the soul” – Phillip Moffitt.