Thank you to musical South Molton
SIR - The committee would like to say “thank you” for all the support received at the South Molton Sings Messiah event.
To the public who came in their hundreds, thank you. To the members of the choir, soloists, accompanists and conductors - who gave so much dedicated time to deliver such an uplifting performance - thank you.
To the “unsung” behind the scenes, who worked tirelessly to transform the Pannier Market on staging, lighting, seating, the Rotary and staff for food and drinks, ladies who gave tea for the choir. SM Town Band, Naomi, thank you.
Handel’s Messiah is a truly inspiring work and the huge community effort to present the evening was also very uplifting.
Final sums raised to date are �4,000-plus from the event, also �1,146 from churches to date and �605 from business donations.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising will stay open for a while, a DVD is being produced, there are further community events to support in the new year and people can visit www.smsingsmessiah.co.uk for more information.
A wonderful community effort, thank you so much, John Parkhouse.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon