Thank you to musical South Molton
SIR - The committee would like to say “thank you” for all the support received at the South Molton Sings Messiah event.
To the public who came in their hundreds, thank you. To the members of the choir, soloists, accompanists and conductors - who gave so much dedicated time to deliver such an uplifting performance - thank you.
To the “unsung” behind the scenes, who worked tirelessly to transform the Pannier Market on staging, lighting, seating, the Rotary and staff for food and drinks, ladies who gave tea for the choir. SM Town Band, Naomi, thank you.
Handel’s Messiah is a truly inspiring work and the huge community effort to present the evening was also very uplifting.
Final sums raised to date are �4,000-plus from the event, also �1,146 from churches to date and �605 from business donations.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising will stay open for a while, a DVD is being produced, there are further community events to support in the new year and people can visit www.smsingsmessiah.co.uk for more information.
A wonderful community effort, thank you so much, John Parkhouse.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl