Thank you to musical South Molton
SIR - The committee would like to say “thank you” for all the support received at the South Molton Sings Messiah event.
To the public who came in their hundreds, thank you. To the members of the choir, soloists, accompanists and conductors - who gave so much dedicated time to deliver such an uplifting performance - thank you.
To the “unsung” behind the scenes, who worked tirelessly to transform the Pannier Market on staging, lighting, seating, the Rotary and staff for food and drinks, ladies who gave tea for the choir. SM Town Band, Naomi, thank you.
Handel’s Messiah is a truly inspiring work and the huge community effort to present the evening was also very uplifting.
Final sums raised to date are �4,000-plus from the event, also �1,146 from churches to date and �605 from business donations.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising will stay open for a while, a DVD is being produced, there are further community events to support in the new year and people can visit www.smsingsmessiah.co.uk for more information.
A wonderful community effort, thank you so much, John Parkhouse.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year