Thank you, showmen
As parents of a son with severe learning disabilities, we would like to publicly thank the members of the Showmen’s Guild (Western Section) for inviting our son and other children to a morning of free fair rides at the recently held Barnstaple Fair.
With all the pageantry associated with Barnstaple Fair and the buzz of the carnival, the generosity of the showmen is often forgotten.
Again, on behalf of all the parents and our sons and daughters, thank you. Thanks also for the free toy.
Thank you also to Barnstaple Town Council for providing our sons and daughters with a buffet lunch at the Barnstaple Hotel afterwards.
Mr and Mrs John Clarke
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 5 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'