Thank you, showmen
As parents of a son with severe learning disabilities, we would like to publicly thank the members of the Showmen’s Guild (Western Section) for inviting our son and other children to a morning of free fair rides at the recently held Barnstaple Fair.
With all the pageantry associated with Barnstaple Fair and the buzz of the carnival, the generosity of the showmen is often forgotten.
Again, on behalf of all the parents and our sons and daughters, thank you. Thanks also for the free toy.
Thank you also to Barnstaple Town Council for providing our sons and daughters with a buffet lunch at the Barnstaple Hotel afterwards.
Mr and Mrs John Clarke
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course