Thank-you, our council
In reply to Ruth Nugent’s and David Heath’s letters (Gazette, June 13).
With respect, were these people not aware of the fantastic day we had on Monday, June 4, with the parade, the firing of the cannons and the great time everyone had with the entertainment in Victoria Park?
All, I might add, organised and paid for by Bideford Town Council, the chamber of commerce and other community-spirited volunteers “in recognition and celebration of our Queen’s amazing achievements”.
People are always quick to criticise, but it is very rare the council get a thank-you, so I would publicly like to thank them for a great day out.
People can call me biased if they want to, but I really feel very strongly about this as I know how hard all our councillors work to try and make a difference to this town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'