Thank-you, our council
In reply to Ruth Nugent’s and David Heath’s letters (Gazette, June 13).
With respect, were these people not aware of the fantastic day we had on Monday, June 4, with the parade, the firing of the cannons and the great time everyone had with the entertainment in Victoria Park?
All, I might add, organised and paid for by Bideford Town Council, the chamber of commerce and other community-spirited volunteers “in recognition and celebration of our Queen’s amazing achievements”.
People are always quick to criticise, but it is very rare the council get a thank-you, so I would publicly like to thank them for a great day out.
People can call me biased if they want to, but I really feel very strongly about this as I know how hard all our councillors work to try and make a difference to this town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'