Thank-you, our council
In reply to Ruth Nugent’s and David Heath’s letters (Gazette, June 13).
With respect, were these people not aware of the fantastic day we had on Monday, June 4, with the parade, the firing of the cannons and the great time everyone had with the entertainment in Victoria Park?
All, I might add, organised and paid for by Bideford Town Council, the chamber of commerce and other community-spirited volunteers “in recognition and celebration of our Queen’s amazing achievements”.
People are always quick to criticise, but it is very rare the council get a thank-you, so I would publicly like to thank them for a great day out.
People can call me biased if they want to, but I really feel very strongly about this as I know how hard all our councillors work to try and make a difference to this town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon