Tesco workers dare to bare for charity calendar
The black-and-white 2013 calendar will be raising money for Cancer Research UK.
A GROUP of workers from Bideford Tesco have dared to bare all for charity by launching a WI-style calendar.
The ladies recruited the help of female photographers at Bideford Camera Club and stripped off for the tasteful calendar.
Brenda Slater, 61, said her and her colleagues were inspired by the film Calendar Girls.
She said: “It was so nerve wracking; the idea was good but when it came down to actually taking your clothes off in front of a camera it was very scary.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve done a sky dive for charity before and it was easier jumping out of a plane than stripping off and posing for photographs.
“But after the first couple of shots I think the nerves relaxed and we were getting into it a bit more.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
The calendars will be on sale in various outlets around the town and will be sold for a �5 donation to Cancer Research UK.
“We’ve all had someone who’s had cancer and when you think about that and what they’re going through, doing this calendar was nothing really,” she added.
“It was good fun and we had a hell of a laugh doing it, and now we hope we can sell them all and raise lots of money for the charity.”
If you’d like to buy a copy of the ladies’ calendar, contact Brenda on 01237 473663.