Tesco submits plans for third Barnstaple store
Firm bids to open ‘Express’ High Street store.
TESCO Stores have submitted a planning application for a new store in Barnstaple High Street.
The ‘Express’ store in the former Bernard Smith showroom at 100-101 High Street would be the firm’s third supermarket in the town, and sixth in North Devon.
The company is seeking permission to install a new shop front, as well as illuminated fascias and a cash machine.
The plans were registered with North Devon Council on December 19 and will undergo a period of public consultation which ends on January 24.
You may also want to watch:
In November, the store submitted plans for plant equipment at the rear of the store.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 5 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts