Tesco stores join forces for Chemo Appeal
North Devon supermarkets come up with the goods for seasonal charity raffle.
TESCO stores in North Devon have joined forces in support of North Devon District Hospital’s Chemotherapy Appeal.
Stores in Barnstaple, Bideford, Ilfracombe and Braunton have all donated a host of premium prizes for the charity’s annual Christmas raffle which runs throughout December.
Bideford store manager Emily Taylor said: “The Chemotherapy Appeal is such a fantastic cause; we’re all pleased to be able to help out at this time of year.”
Draw prizes include luxury food and drink hampers, toys and sweets estimated to be worth in the region of �300.
Tickets cost �1 a book and will be on sale in the hospital foyer in Barnstaple from December 1.
The charity’s fund-raising team will also be selling raffle tickets at Christmas fayres at the BIG Sheep theme park at Abbotsham on Saturday, December 1 and 15.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
- 10 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
The Chemotherapy Appeal total currently stands at �1.3million – more than halfway towards the target of �2.2million.