Tesco shoppers knocked for six by star customer
Freddie Flintoff causes excitement in the aisles at Barnstaple supermarket
CRICKET legend Andrew ‘Freddie’ Flintoff caused excitement in the aisles when he popped in for a few groceries in a Barnstaple supermarket on Saturday afternoon.
The former England man was pictured in the Rose Lane Tesco store with fan Gail Bray, who told the Gazette that the star’s visit caused ‘quite a stir’.
“A lot of people were not 100 per cent sure if it was him or not,” said Gail, a business consultant for Salon Supplies and also a partner-owner of Barnstaple High Street shop Funky Divas.
Gail said she was also unsure at first but leapt at the chance for a photo with Flintoff once she realised it was him.
You may also want to watch:
“A few Tesco staff had their photos taken also. He was very happy to pose for a few but you could tell the poor guy was trying to get out of the store.”
It is thought that the 2005 Ashes hero was in the area visiting family.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
It’s not the first time that he has been spotted in North Devon in recent years. In December 2011, local footballer and cricket fan Keith Shapland had his picture taken with Flintoff outside the amusements in Westward Ho!