Tesco launches charity campaign in North Devon
- Credit: Google
North Devon shoppers will be able to give a big boost this month to three life-changing charities that have been heavily impacted by COVID-19.
Tesco stores across North Devon are supporting the Tesco Health Charity Partnership’s appeal to raise money for Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK from 26 to 28 February.
Tesco customers can make a donation by rounding up their shop in store to the nearest £1 at self-service checkouts. All funds raised will go directly to the three charities.
Due to the pandemic, each charity has already seen its income reduced drastically due to the cancellation of fundraising events and temporary closure of shops.
Support from Tesco customers at this critical time will help each charity continue its vital work to save and improve lives.
You may also want to watch:
Oonagh Turnbull, head of health campaigns at Tesco, said: “Our customers have always been so generous in helping us support such good causes, and there’s never been a more important time as now to give a little help to power the life-changing work of Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK.”
Kath Abrahams (Diabetes UK), Caro Evans (Cancer Research UK) and Claire Sadler (the British Heart Foundation), directors of the three charities, said: “For everyone living with, or at risk of cancer, heart and circulatory diseases and diabetes, the last year has been especially frightening and difficult, with many at an increased risk of serious complications as a result of COVID-19.
- 1 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home
- 2 Summer car parking charges hike planned for North Devon
- 3 'Harnessing the spirituality' of Lundy Island
- 4 Fatal car crash on the A39 near Kilkhampton
- 5 40% of Devon adults have received first Covid vaccination
- 6 North Devon MP 'disappointed' Covid restrictions not lifted sooner
- 7 Over and Above helps patients with dementia stay connected
- 8 Councillor 'sets record straight' on Brunswick Wharf development
- 9 'Incredible Hulk' jailed for Barnstaple street attack
- 10 Barnstaple now a flood prevention priority after 'worst flood event'
“The work our charities do, the research we fund, and the support we provide to millions of people is needed now more than ever, but we are only able to continue thanks to the generosity of people across the UK. We are grateful to Tesco customers for their unwavering support over the years, which has and will continue to ensure that we can fight the corner of those who need us the most.”
As well as donating at the self-service checkout, customers can also donate via www.justgiving.com/campaign/tescodonate, or by scanning the QR code with their mobile device at the customer bagging area at the main bank checkouts.
Customers also have the opportunity to donate their Clubcard vouchers to the charities at www.tesco.com/zones/supporting-charities-and-communities.