Tell your NHS stories to the professionals
PATIENTS or carers who share stories about health services in North Devon in the next two weeks have been promised “a meaningful response” from an NHS professional within 10 days.
The initiative is led by independent feedback website Patient Opinion as part of its ‘What’s Your Story?’ campaign which will be visiting North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple tomorrow (Wednesday).
Members of the Patient Opinion team will listen to patients’ experiences and pass feedback on to “staff champions”, a team of healthcare professionals including GPs and nurses who have each pledged to respond to all NHS stories within 10 days.
This will be in their capacity as a professional, rather than as a representative of the trust, addressing issues raised and announcing changes made as a result.
The aim is for hospitals, surgeries and other health services to use the feedback to make improvements and pass on messages of thanks to ward staff.
Stories can also be shared via www.patientopinion.org.uk.
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief