Teenager suffers major head injuries after North Tawton crash
- Credit: Archant
Tractor and 44 tonne lorry collide near North Tawton on Sunday.
A 17-year-old has been flown to hospital with major head injuries after a collision between a tractor and a 44 tonne lorry near North Tawton on Sunday.
Police said it happened at De Bathe Cross on the A3124 at around 8.50am, with the teenager and a 21-year-old on the Massey Ferguson tractor both injured.
The younger casualty was taken straight to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth with injuries initially thought to be life threatening.
The 21-year-old was treated in Exeter for minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The tractor had been travelling towards Whiddon Down when the collision occurred with the articulated lorry, which was travelling in the opposite direction towards North Tawton.
The road was closed for around five hours for investigation and recovery.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
The serious collisions investigation unit is keen to hear from anyone who either witnessed or has information about the incident by calling 101 and quoting log 300 of June 23.