Teenager hospitalised in moped crash
Youngster airlifted to hospital following lunchtime collision on country lane
A TEENAGE moped rider is thought to have suffered “life changing” but not “life threatening” injuries following a serious crash on a country lane between Bideford and Barnstaple on Saturday lunchtime.
The 17-year-old boy was riding a red Peugeot scooter when he was in collision with a silver Peugeot 307 car on the Old Bideford Road, near Barnstaple, at around 12noon.
The boy was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment, where he is continuing to receive treatment.
Police have issued no further update on his condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out an investigation in to the cause of the crash.
Motorist Nigel Vidler, who was turned away at the police road block, told the Gazette he would no longer be using the stretch of road
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
“Even though I take extreme care when driving on this road, I have now experienced two or three near misses,” he said.
“I fear that one day I or another driver may not be so fortunate.
“I feel that the A39 Atlantic Highway and the notoriously dangerous junction at Westleigh may still be the safer option for my journey.”