Teenager hospitalised in moped crash
Youngster airlifted to hospital following lunchtime collision on country lane
A TEENAGE moped rider is thought to have suffered “life changing” but not “life threatening” injuries following a serious crash on a country lane between Bideford and Barnstaple on Saturday lunchtime.
The 17-year-old boy was riding a red Peugeot scooter when he was in collision with a silver Peugeot 307 car on the Old Bideford Road, near Barnstaple, at around 12noon.
The boy was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment, where he is continuing to receive treatment.
Police have issued no further update on his condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out an investigation in to the cause of the crash.
Motorist Nigel Vidler, who was turned away at the police road block, told the Gazette he would no longer be using the stretch of road
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
“Even though I take extreme care when driving on this road, I have now experienced two or three near misses,” he said.
“I fear that one day I or another driver may not be so fortunate.
“I feel that the A39 Atlantic Highway and the notoriously dangerous junction at Westleigh may still be the safer option for my journey.”