Teenager hospitalised in moped crash
Youngster airlifted to hospital following lunchtime collision on country lane
A TEENAGE moped rider is thought to have suffered “life changing” but not “life threatening” injuries following a serious crash on a country lane between Bideford and Barnstaple on Saturday lunchtime.
The 17-year-old boy was riding a red Peugeot scooter when he was in collision with a silver Peugeot 307 car on the Old Bideford Road, near Barnstaple, at around 12noon.
The boy was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment, where he is continuing to receive treatment.
Police have issued no further update on his condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are carrying out an investigation in to the cause of the crash.
Motorist Nigel Vidler, who was turned away at the police road block, told the Gazette he would no longer be using the stretch of road
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
“Even though I take extreme care when driving on this road, I have now experienced two or three near misses,” he said.
“I fear that one day I or another driver may not be so fortunate.
“I feel that the A39 Atlantic Highway and the notoriously dangerous junction at Westleigh may still be the safer option for my journey.”