Teenager had drugs stuffed down tracksuit bottoms
- Credit: Archant
The 19-year-old from Barnstaple pleaded guilty to possessing £135 worth of cannabis.
A 19-year-old who was found with £135 worth of cannabis stuffed down the front of his tracksuit bottoms has been given a conditional discharge.
Kai Roach, of Warwick Terrace, Barnstaple, appeared before North Devon Magistrates’ Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to possession of 13.59g of cannabis.
Police officers on mobile patrol discovered the drugs after spotting a black BMW parked in a lay by on March 11 at around 11pm.
The window was open and police smelt cannabis, so asked Roach if he had anything on him.
You may also want to watch:
He replied he had some drugs down the front of his trousers and was arrested and taken to the police station in Barnstaple.
In interview Roach, who has two previous convictions for drug offences, said he smoked cannabis on a daily basis and the drugs were for his own personal use.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
Zara Svensson, defending, said Roach had thought possession of cannabis was the sort of offence he would just receive a warning for.
“He has now been disabused of this idea,” said Miss Svensson.
Magistrates sentenced Roach to a nine month conditional discharge and ordered him to pay a £15 victim surcharge.
Paul Cooper, chairman of the bench, told him: “You’ve got to go live the life of an angel now.”