Teenager dies after A361 crash
The 18-year-old died in hospital following the two-vehicle collision on Thursday.
A TEENAGER injured in a crash on the A361 North Devon Link Road on Thursday has died in hospital over the weekend.
Craig Sankey, 18, from Coventry was taken to North Devon District Hospital following the collision but died on Saturday.
Mr Sankey was driving a silver Renault Clio when it collided with a white VW Transporter van between Aller Cross and West Buckland shortly before 6pm.
The van driver was also taken to North Devon District Hospital with a possible fractured sternum and whiplash injuries.
You may also want to watch:
An off duty special constable stopped to assist and managed to put out a small fire in the Renault with a hand held fire extinguisher.
An eyewitness travelling two cars behind the incident told the Gazette: “All I saw was flying debris in front of me and we all skidded to a halt.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
“I went over to see if everyone was alright or if they needed help but there were a few people there already helping.
“The police arrived very quickly as did the fire brigade and ambulance.”
The road was closed for seven-and-a-half hours while collision investigators completed their investigation and local diversions were put in place.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact them on 101 quoting reference 611 070612.