Teenager arrested after Torrington stabbing
Man left with deep arm wound following Calf Street altercation.
AN 18-year-old girl is in custody after a stabbing in Torrington last night (Wednesday).
A man aged 19 was left with a serious wound to his left arm following an altercation at a playground in Calf Street just after 6pm.
A member of the public contacted police at 6.20pm and the victim, who is from the town, made his own way to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where he was later discharged.
Police have arrested an 18-year-old woman on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and she remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the pair were known to each other.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 9 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre