Teenager arrested after Torrington stabbing
Man left with deep arm wound following Calf Street altercation.
AN 18-year-old girl is in custody after a stabbing in Torrington last night (Wednesday).
A man aged 19 was left with a serious wound to his left arm following an altercation at a playground in Calf Street just after 6pm.
A member of the public contacted police at 6.20pm and the victim, who is from the town, made his own way to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where he was later discharged.
Police have arrested an 18-year-old woman on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and she remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the pair were known to each other.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton