Teen sought after alleged Bideford racist attack
Police seek witnesses following Victoria Park incident.
WITNESSES are being sought after an alleged racially motivated assault at Victoria Park in Bideford on Sunday afternoon.
Police said three young men were assaulted by another man at around 2pm. The alleged offender was with another group of males and one female.
He is described as in his late teens, about six feet one inches tall and of skinny build, with blonde hair, an eyebrow piercing, with bad acne and wearing a tracksuit with red and blue stripes.
A police spokesman said: “Bideford CID are treating this as a racially motivated incident and have been reviewing local CCTV to identify the offender.
You may also want to watch:
“They are appealing for witnesses who must have been present in the park on Sunday afternoon or any information from those close to the offender that will assist the investigation into this unprovoked and pointless incident.”
If anyone has any information call 101, quoting reference CD/11/1942, alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened