Teen sought after alleged Bideford racist attack
Police seek witnesses following Victoria Park incident.
WITNESSES are being sought after an alleged racially motivated assault at Victoria Park in Bideford on Sunday afternoon.
Police said three young men were assaulted by another man at around 2pm. The alleged offender was with another group of males and one female.
He is described as in his late teens, about six feet one inches tall and of skinny build, with blonde hair, an eyebrow piercing, with bad acne and wearing a tracksuit with red and blue stripes.
A police spokesman said: “Bideford CID are treating this as a racially motivated incident and have been reviewing local CCTV to identify the offender.
“They are appealing for witnesses who must have been present in the park on Sunday afternoon or any information from those close to the offender that will assist the investigation into this unprovoked and pointless incident.”
If anyone has any information call 101, quoting reference CD/11/1942, alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity